Monday, January 1, 2018

Agnes Meyer Driscoll Pictures

There are a dearth of pictures of this seminal American codebreaker available.  The originals are better than the selections below; they're just high-quality screenshots taken from The Neglected Giant: Agnes Meyer Driscoll (pdf here; use this contact form to request a free hardcopy).  But they might help someone who needs a picture, and doesn't have time to contact the publisher, The Center for Cryptologic History.
Age 13

Hall of Honor photo
Age 21
Yeoman First Class Agnes Meyer
Agnes Driscoll, mid-1920s
Agnes Driscoll, probably mid-1920s
Agnes Driscoll, probably mid-1920s, close-up
Agnes Driscoll, late 1920s
Agnes Driscoll, circa 1932
Agnes Driscoll, mid-1930s
Agnes Driscoll, 1958
Agnes Driscoll, 1963

Hope these prove useful.  (As always, I also hope they help this woman get the recognition she has long deserved.)

February 9, 2024: For some reason, Blogger has decided not to let me comment on my own blog.  (If anyone is wondering if I had more than one reason to stop blogging and move my content to ebooks, the answer is yes.)  So for the recent commenter, and anyone else in the future: I put everything I could find out into the biography linked in the opening paragraph above.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to find out anything else that isn't in there...but I didn't.)

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kevin,
    My girls are working on a project on Agnes Driscoll, They would like an email interview with you regarding their project. We are hoping that you can give more information on "The Neglected Giant: Agnes Meyer Driscoll".

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt I have anything to add; anything I could find, I either included in the book or footnoted. (And I no longer have access to any of the sources I used.) But you can use the contact form at the bottom of the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome! I'm always happy to help get "the neglected giant" the recognition she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agnes was my grandmothers sister. I know that she was a direct descendant of Roger Williams. Would you happen to know which of the Williams children she is descended from? I had always heard growing up that it was one of the daughters. Just not sure which one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

The captcha is disabled except for anonymous comments